What Kind Of Projects Do We Do?
We have experience in a number of different building typologies - galleries, cultural buildings, apartment buildings and the design of small studios, interiors and furniture. However the majority of work to date has fallen into two categories: contemporary additions to listed buildings and the design of private houses.
We have developed a portfolio of award-winning projects around Australia that are architecturally ambitious, ecologically responsible and a pleasure to occupy.
The Services We Provide
As your architects we tailor our services to meet the specific requirements of your project. Typically this includes feasibility studies and project options studies, architectural design, consultant co-ordination, design and construction applications with Council (including Complying Development where possible), tendering to builders and administration of the building contract. Some clients like us to manage the entire process while others prefer to be more involved.
Keeping Your Project On Budget
We understand that delivering your project on budget is of utmost importance to most of our clients. During both the design and construction phases, we work closely with you, a quantity surveyor (a construction pricing professional) or builder to keep your project on track.
For our residential clients, project cost control involves a number of steps:
- Before you've even engaged us we test your brief against your budget to ensure that the project is financially feasible.
- Once you have approved our sketch design proposal, we work with a quantity surveyor to gauge probable construction costs.
- If necessary, we work with you to adjust the design to keep it in budget.
- During the detailed development of the design we continue to check the project against the budget, keeping you informed of any decisions that could lead to cost increases.
- In order to establish cost-confidence before commencing construction, we gather a list of appropriate scaled and skilled builders to tender, prepare tendering documents (construction drawings, details, schedules of materials, finishes and fittings, specification) to ensure that their quotes are as accurate as possible.
- Construction is a complex, often dirty and rough science, so we work with you and the builder closely through construction to solve construction issues as they arise, minimising cost impact.
Working With Us
Architecture is something we love, something we believe in and something we fight for so in any commission the most important thing is that our clients bring us in for the work we do and the philosophy we stand for. Architecture is fundamentally about making places for people to live, work and play and we aim to create greater empathy between how we live, how we work and the places we inhabit.
We work hard but we have a hell of a lot of fun along the way. The journey is what counts and it's a journey we go on together.
How Do We Get Started?
Call or email us. If we feel like your project is one we that suits our skills and is one we can do well, we offer an obligation-free consultation where we meet prospective clients on site or in our studios to discuss your Brief, talk you through the design, approvals and construction process, share some of our work with you and answer any questions you may have. Before this meeting we ask you to respond to this questionnaire which is designed to tease out some of the qualitative and quantitative aspects of your brief and helps us appreciate what you want to achieve with your project. This kind of research ultimately continues throughout the life of each project but we find it helpful to ask new clients these questions to start things off. Having done all this, we go away and prepare a Fee & Services proposal for your consideration.
Thankyou for spending this time with us. We are always keen to discuss new projects - the more interesting, ambitious and difficult the better!